Tahlka News Desk
Kannuaj: Prime Minister Narendra Modi addresses rally in UP kannauj for Uttar Pradesh assembly election on Wednesday. Addressing the audience, modi criticicsed akhilesh govt for the state.
Highlights of Modi Speech:
1) Our country's media is very smart. I wonder how they didn't notice that Congress did not criticise Mayawati, said PM Modi. He also said that the election is three-legged race comprising of Samajwadi Party, SP-Congress alliance and third one includes Congress-BSP alliance. "Likh ke rakho Congress ne ek pair BSP ke saath baandh rakha hai aur ek pair BSP ke saath baandh ke rakha hai," said PM Modi.
2) Continuing on his criticism on the clan-politics done by the Yadavs, PM said the UP government said instead of working for the benefit of all, they only supported people from their own clan.
3) In a veiled reference to Mulayam's younger son Prateek Yadav, Modi pointed out he didn't own a single car. "I don't own a single car but these people who call themselves socialists, have many expensive cars," said PM.
4) Speaking on the Samajwadi Party Congress alliance, PM Modi claimed that the public did not support the alliance. "Did you see what happened in UP? BJP won the MLC elections; This shows UP didn't like their 'saath' said the prime minister.
5) Slamming the opposition for their criticism on demonetization, Modi said BJP won in Odisha, Chandigarh, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Maharashtra & Madhya Pradesh elections after demonetisations.
6) Working for the poor, Dalits, marginalized and underprivileged is government's first responsibility.
7) Samajwadi- congress alliance will shatter your dreams.
8) I would like to thank people of Odisha for their unprecedented support during panchayat elections. BJP was never strong in Odisha but the results of the local-level polls show the support for BJP is increasing across the state said PM Modi.
9) The prime minister praised ISRO for the PSLV-C37 launch earlier in the day. "What our ISRO scientists have achieved today will ensure that their names will be written in golden letters forever," he said.