- Karachi: In a tragic turn of events, at least 14 people died including six children , while another thirteen were left injured as an Improvised Exoplosive Device (IED) exploded in Godra area of the Kurram tribal area, which borders Afghanistan on Tuesday morning.
* The bomb was detonated in the van while it traveled through a minority Shia region, outside Kurram agency, as soon as passengers were seen coming.
* The van was on its way from Sadda to Godar.
* Five women and four children were among the 14 killed,while 10 others survived the explosion.
* The injured were later shifted to Sadda hospital and security forces have launched a search operation in the area.
* A pakistani army helicopter evacuated the wounded to a nearby military hospital.
* Jamat-ul-Arhar, a breakway Talibanaian faction took responsibility of the attack on Shias.
* Kurram agency has been a constant target of militants and terrorists apparently due to easy escape routes and geographical hinderences.
* Pakistan Taliban and other Sunni groups often target minority Shias whom they consider to be heretics. The Islamic State has taken responsibilty of several other attacks in the country.
* Pakistan has been fighting Islamic State militants who have claimed lives of tens of thousands of people. Islamabad has also undertaken several large-scale offensives in the tribal regions in an effort to rout militants from the area.
* In Southern part of Karachi, paramiltary forces raided an apartment following a tip that militants were hiding there. After seven hours of seige, three militants including a women, blew themselves up inside the apartment.
* The explosion also killed a 5 year-old, while a fourth militants was killed trying to escape the area.
* Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif condemned the tragic blast and instructed authorities to provide best medical facilities to the injured.