Tahlka New Bureau
New Delhi: Today, Finance Minister Arun Jaitely launched the 'Clean Money' website in a new campaign against untaxed money.
Addressing the media, the Finance Minister said that the website has been launched to benifit honest taxpayers and to encourage people to pay taxes.
"Post demonetisation, personal income return has gone up due to ownership of unanimous money being identified with additional 91 lakh tax deposits. They have been 18 lakh people who have been identified by the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) after demonetisation with respect to irregularities in tax payments and income band. The new website is only to benefit taxpayers," said Jaitley.
Jaitley also said through data mining, the government has been able to unearth an additional 91 lakh tax deposits, adding that this was another step in identifying non-complaint taxpayers.
"Those who pay honestly and on time have no reason to worry," he said.
"All those steps taken by CBDT post demonetization ha sent a clear message that is now not easy to deal with cash money. Also, technology ha enabled us to detect the disproportionality during the money-flow quiet smoothly. So, the entire system has been made to help taxpayers," added the Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitly.
However, the second phrase of Operation Clean Money the focus will be on high-risk individuals who made high-value and will be subjected to detailed investigation. More than 60,000 people have been identified, on the basis of data analytic s.
Here's how Clean Money portal will work
1) Taxpayers identified by CBDT will be made available in the e-filing window of the PAN holder (after log in) at the portal https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in.
2) The PAN holder would be able to access and view the information using the link "Cash Transactions 2016" under "Compliance" section of the portal and submit online explanation without visiting Income Tax office.
3) An e-mail and SMS will be sent to the taxpayers after submitting an online response on the e-filing portal. Those who are not yet registered on the e-filing portal (at https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in), must register by clicking on the 'Register Yourself' link. Registered taxpayers would be required to verify and update their email address and mobile number on the e-filing portal to receive electronic communication.
4) Based on approved risk criteria, cases will be selected by data analytic's for verification, for verification and request for additional information and its response will also be communicated electronically.
5) The information on the online portal will be getting updated regularly on receipt of new information, response and data analytic's.